Potential customers are those persons who have the potential to be interested in the products and services that are offered by the company but have not yet purchased.
Today, this concept can also be known as lead or prospect and an eCommerce can often collect some valuable data on them, such as certain actions that they perform on the website, for example products visited, clicks etc. These potential customers will be added to the database of the brand.
To know who your brand's potential customers are, you must know certain characteristics that will allow you to classify them in this way; study their profile, their needs, interests, economic level, profession, hobbies, buying habits, etc.
In this post, you will learn the importance of detecting potential customers. What kind of potential customers exists? What steps should you follow to identify them? Which strategies should you use to convert them into real ones? Which are the features that LogiCommerce offers to help you convert them?
Potential customers are those who ensure the future of companies both in the business process and in their profitability and success. For this reason, the marketing strategies of an eCommerce should be adapted to the needs, buying habits, and interests of this type of customer.
The vast majority of business projects revolve around the potential customers to be attracted. The process of targeting involves a prior research process to ensure that it will be effective once it's launched.
Potential customers should be segmented just as we segment the target audience. We must classify them according to their characteristics to correctly satisfy their needs and thus ensure that in the future they become loyal to your brand.
Knowing potential customers will be of vital importance to know which communication channels will be used to reach them. What message do you want to convey to them? What kind of strategy will you use? What is the most appropriate language and tone for them? What image of the brand do you want to create? It's essential to maintain a good relationship with the customer at all points of contact. Every detail can influence the decision of a purchase.
Currently, we can identify and classify potential customers into 3 different types:
According to the frequency of purchase
Customers are classified according to their purchasing habits. There are three types of purchase frequency, but we must bear in mind that the frequency with which they consume may change over time:
· Frequent buyers: those customers who buy frequently, i.e., every few months. They generate the most revenue.
· Regular buyers: those customers who buy regularly and are loyal to your brand, and have a great chance of becoming frequent buyers.
· Occasional buyers: those customers who do not buy regularly, but only focus on promotions and offers. They don't care about shopping at other stores, they are just looking for discounts.
According to their purchase volume
Customers are classified according to the number of products and/or services consumed during a given period. We can also classify them into three levels:
· Customers that make a large volume of purchases: those customers who regularly consume large volumes of products, so they will bring high levels of revenue to your business.
· Customers that make an average purchase volume: those customers who purchase a volume of products based on the size of the business.
· Customers that make a low purchase volume: those customers who buy a product as they need it.
According to the purchasing behavior
The most important thing to influence the buying behavior of real and potential customers is to collect information about them to impact them with campaigns that offer information of interest to them. Depending on the information collected about these leads, segmentation will be made, and different actions will be carried out for each of them.
· They may be leads that have never previously purchased from the brand but have been engaged by the brand through different types of campaigns.
· They can be Leads that have entered by chance in the eCommerce but did not buy anything. They just browse and subscribed to the newsletter or created an account. Maybe they even added products to the cart but did not complete the purchase.
· And some leads are already customers that have at some point purchased a product. They are still treated as leads and are part of the database. Different e-mailing actions or other types of campaigns can be carried out to build their loyalty and achieve more engagement.
According to their degree of influence
They are those people considered influencers (people with many followers in their social networks), who as the name suggests, can influence the buying attitude of their followers and convince them to end up buying a product or service. Lately this has been very popular among brands, since online channels allow us to get much closer to customers. Taking advantage of the existence of this type of people with a great influence in the market, will also increase sales of your business.
They also bring a lot of trust and credibility to your brand. Influencers usually upload photos or videos of products and/or services to promote them to get users to buy the product. Of course, we must have a good marketing strategy to attract the customers we are really interested in.
First, we will conduct a research process. Through the different communication channels, we can extract information and data about the users, as well as purchasing habits, purchase frequency, demographic profile, interests, etc. It is about making an intense analysis of customers to identify the potential customers of the brand.
Secondly, we will carry out a segmentation process. Once we have identified our brand's potential customers, we will segment them according to the characteristics, needs, behaviors, consumption habits, age, gender, location, values, interests, etc. It consists of grouping potential customers in order to adapt products and services, as well as marketing strategies, according to their specific characteristics.
Thirdly, the strategies will be defined. After identifying and segmenting potential customers, we should start defining marketing strategies to capture their attention so that they consume the products and/or services of your business. It is very important to dedicate time to create this strategic plan so that it is effective and efficient.
It is crucial to choose the right strategies to reach potential customers so that they convert into real customers. It is very important to review the KPI's once the plan is finished, as these will provide valuable information for the eCommerce, where it will be possible to know which strategies work best according to the target.
Being active in social networks
It is very important to be active in social networks or even in the blog and keep updating and creating new content daily because this is how you will be in the 'top of mind' of your customers. This will generate more traffic to your website. In addition, the customer appreciates that you offer new content of interest to them. It is also a great opportunity to keep in touch with users and make them feel that you listen to them and understand them. It is an opportunity to offer good customer service.
Create a community
It is a very good strategy to create a brand community. It is a great opportunity to connect with consumers and create strong bonds to attract potential customers and make them feel comfortable with your brand, the customer service offered, and the products.
This community is usually created in different communication channels such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc. Taking care of this community and fostering communication between brand and consumers is very important to build trust and convey the message and values you want.
Customize the costumer experience
The Customer Experience is the consumer's experience with a brand. For this reason, it is of vital importance to take care and constantly improve the consumer’s experience as it is what will surely determine the kind of memory that a customer will associate with your brand and it can also influence their decision over the next purchase.
Knowing your potential customers will be essential to build a good customer experience to generate a positive impact. In addition, we must personalize the experience for each customer. Brands must understand that each customer has different characteristics, needs, and interests, so the shopping experience should not be generalized and automated. It should be something much more personalized to establish a bond between your brand and your customer.
Follow up on communication with customers
To create a perfect customer experience, you must create a follow-up plan through which consumers understand that they are important to your brand and that you show a real interest in knowing whether or not the customer is satisfied with the product that they bought and the service that they have received.
In this way, you can analyze the degree of customer satisfaction and know where you can improve for future occasions. Once again, knowing what the consumer is looking for will give you a lot of information on what kind of follow-ups you should do with each customer.
Know the potential customer perfectly
Last but not least. The goal is that the potential customer ends up becoming a real customer. Therefore, you will need to know the customer very well so that you can match your offers 100% with their interests. When we have done this research process, it will be much easier to implement a marketing strategy capable of attracting potential customers.
With LogiCommerce you can provide engaging customer experience and guide your potential customers to conversion. Turn visitors into customers and choose from 200+ native Features.
· Content Management System; email templates, product targeting, …
· Shipping Management; Free shipping, order tracking, shipping calculator, etc.
· Inventory Management System; Pre order products, stock forecast, …
· Loyalty System; points tracking, points notification, points calculation, etc.
· Advanced Promotion Management; gift vouchers, coupon coupons, etc.
· Order Management System; stock control, financing options, order status, etc.
· Product Information Management; shop by brand, customized labels, EAN codes, …
· Reporting & Analytics; pre-defined reports, reports exports, visual maps, etc.
· Tracker System; tracking management and tracking code management.
· User Management System; customer dashboard, Wishlist, user rols, etc.
These are just some of the features that LogiCommerce will offer you to help you reach potential customers and personalize your sales to increase them. This platform connects with Plug-ins that offer Marketing Automation, Product Recommendations, Abandoned Cart Recovery, e-mail marketing, etc.
Take a look at LogiCommerce and start turning your potential customers into real ones!